Monday 10 November 2014

Moving Forward

Some of you may have noticed that this blog now has one more author. I hope you will enjoy the contributions of my friend Rachel who will be posting under the pseudonym purplepres. Rachel is a fellow historian and she is very passionate about history, law and justice. I am sure that we will see many interesting posts from her in the future.

Very soon we will be joined by several other people. In the meantime, however, I would like to let you know what my plans for the immediate future are. I have got behind on my reviews so in the next 2 weeks I will be reviewing Let Our Fame be Great: Journeys Among the Defiant People of the Caucasus by Olliver Bullough, Warriors edited by George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois, An Officer and a Spy by Robert Harris and The Shadow of the Sun: My African Life by
Ryszard Kapuściński .

Recently I purchased a number of books. They include the following titles:


Dreams of Youth: The Letters of Scott Fitzgerald
edited by Andrew Turnbull

The Selected Letters of Charles Dickens edited by Jenny Hartley
Christmas at Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
The Cranford Chronicles by Elizabeth Gaskell
The Illustrated Book of Romantic Verse edited by E. A. Chapman
100 Australian Poems of Love and Loss by Jamie Grant
A History of the World in 100 Objects by Neil MacGregor
The Changeling by Kenzaburo Oe

I have set up a poll to allow you to choose which of these and a few other books I will be reviewing next. I hope that I will be able to review at least one book per week until Christmas when, understandably, I will probably not have much time to post. Until then I hope that I will have the chance to be a lot more active and post at least one TV series or film review per week, in addition to my book reviews. My series of reviews of Doctor Who is still ongoing and I will be posting my review of Doctor Who - Season 4 in the next few days followed by Season 5 next week.

Now I will bid you adieu and good night/morning/afternoon. Come back tomorrow to read my review of Let Our Fame be Great, a magnificent account of the tragic history of the people of the Caucasus.

No comments:

Post a Comment